Did you buy a PS Vita before June 1st, 2012? Do you have the time to fill out a form and enough change in your pocket for a stamp? Do you want to make Twenty-Five American Dollars? Then today is your lucky day. As part of another settlement pertaining a different lawsuit than the one described a few months ago (this one was about lying on the Vita ads, if you must know), you could get that in cash (well check) by following these simple steps.
Go here to find the settlement form. This time unfortunately you will need to print and mail, but its an editable PDF so at least you can fill it out in your PC. Fill out your name and address.
Here is the fun part. In order to qualify for the settlement you must include one of the following:
- The reciept proving the purchase occured before June 1st, 2012 (I know you don’t have it. There are other options).
- The side panel from the package that came with the system when you purchased it
- You can just write the serial number on the form. This is clearly the easiest choice, since you can find the serial number on the botton right of your system.
You will also need to provide your PSN ID.
Now lets choose your options.
- You can have a $25 check mailed to the mailing address provided on the form.
- You can choose a $25 voucher. This will be e-mailed to your PSN ID’s e-mail address.
- You can chose between one of three bundles.
The bundles are actually a good value provided you don’t own any of the games listed in them, so they might be the better option depending on how interested you are in the games in them.
Finally Print out the form, sign it, and send it to:
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
PO Box 2208
Faribault MN 55021-1608
This time there is no way to file online unfortunately.
I know this sounds like a bit of a pain, but $25 for sending in a form is not a bad deal, specially considering the anemic nature of similar settlements. And remember, this is not Sony being nice to you for being a loyal client. This is retribution for them lying to you. Do not let Sony get away with it because the process is somewhat annoying. Get your $25.
The main settlement site is this one if you want to look at the entire thing for yourself.